Tuesday, January 1, 2008

new year. new beginings.

Happy New Year - wishing everyone a healthy and happy 2008.

In about a week, Julian and I'll be in St. Thomas.

As I sit among the boxes and organized chaos, I am not completely certain how everything will be completed before I head off. While the process of sorting, packing and throwing out has been quite cathartic, it has been taking weeks and weeks. Everything sorted into three piles: shipping, selling, and donating. The donating pile has been getting bigger and bigger.

Having finished my last day at work, Julian and I head off first. Julian will attend one of two schools we identified on the island when we arrive next week. Both schools are great and have lovely charm, diversity and resources.

We'll also settle into our (empty) new home - awaiting Mark, Max and all our wordly possessions. My Dad is coming out with the two of us and will help out for the first three weeks. The house itself is located in the East End near the St. Thomas Yacht Club (how fortunate!). Ironically, it was the first house Julian and I viewed when we were out in early November house hunting and doing school interviews.

Julian and I will have to return to Vancouver mid-February when we HOPE the visas will be ready. Once we have completed this process with the US Embassy, we will fly to St. Thomas as a family, start learning our new business, and wait for our container to arrive - hopefully three weeks later.

I am attaching some pictures of the house and the school.

No comments: